We are looking for talented individuals to join the Behailu team. Please see below for job listings. To apply, please submit the online application below and then upload your resume and coverletter to our dropbox. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Behailu Academy Academic Tutor
Reporting to the academic facilitator, tutor is responsible for assist students in grades 7-12 with homework, test preparation and general skill building. In addition to general academic support, tutors must have expertise in one or more of the following subject areas: Math, Science, Social Studies, and English/Language Arts.
- Provide homework and academic support for students in grades 7th-12th
- Monitor and track participants’ academic progress grades and work with students to meet their long and short term academic goals
- Organize and facilitate engaging individual and small group instructional activities based on student need
- Communicate regularly with instructional facilitator regarding student academic performance
- Support implementation of enrichment and skill building curriculum
- Work closely with instructional facilitator to meet participants’ needs
- Collaborate on program wide initiatives and projects
- Support students in their academic and personal growth through programming and relationship building
- Identify and support student academic challenges with creative and research based instructional strategies
- Facilitate skill building in core subject areas
- Maintain an appropriate learning environment and model appropriate behavior
- Two years of college required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth in an urban setting and a strong understanding of the social and cultural issues facing youth and families in urban communities is a must. Familiarity with the local and state educational standards, systems, and processes is preferred, not necessary.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Youth development
- Activity planning and facilitation
- Administration and management
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Judgment and decision-making
- Relationship management
- Time management
- Self-directed and initiative taking
- Ability to manage groups of students with a wide range of academic needs